Monday, January 6, 2014

Flourless Pancakes?

So this picture is pinned on Pinterest with this description: "1 ripe banana + 2 eggs = pancakes! Whole batch = about 250 cals. Add a dash of cinnamon and a tsp. of vanilla! Top with fresh berries!"

So since I am trying to stay away from flour, I wanted to try these.

So it was super easy, whip up two eggs and a ripe banana. I just used my hand mixer because I didn't see the point in dirtying up the food processor for such a small thing. They cook much like real pancakes, bubbles and all :)



Verdict: 

Taste: So they taste sweet with a hint of egg, which is not a surprise given their ingredients. I enjoyed them and have actually made them many times again since my initial try.
Batter: I have found the longer you whip it the better they turn out after they are cooked. It helps make the batter a bit "thicker" plus you do not want a chunk of banana in the middle.
Future: Since I have already made this a couple times I can easily say it has a good future in my household. It is an healthier alternative to pancakes that actually tastes good.
Pinteresting: I think this one scores high on the "Close to Pinterest" scale!

1 comment: