Saturday, January 4, 2014

Almond Butter Cookies

So I have finally gotten back around to blogging. This was a recent Pinterest idea that I decided to try because I have been limiting my carbs. The recipe is super easy and can be found here: http://divaliciousrecipesinthecity.com/2013/12/01/butter-cookies-almond-flour/

I purchased the almond flour from Whole Foods. I did find that buying the pack it yourself type was cheaper then the prepackaged flours.

I followed the recipe (except used Splenda, you could use stevia but I am allergic) and here is the result:


Now the verdict:
Taste: They are not "slap yo mama" fantastic but they were pretty good. You can taste the nuttiness of the almond flour which adds to the texture.
Batter: It made very little batter. The cookies shown are probably comparable to a half dollar in size.
Future: I was only able to eat three before I was tired of the taste and I am not sure if it was due to the almond or the splenda. I guess that is a good thing since you do not want to overdo anyway. Of course my daughter will not be able to eat these (nut allergy) so I probably will not be making these very often.
Pinteresting: So it qualifies for being what is portrayed on Pinterest and worth the try!

No comments:

Post a Comment